Sunday 22 February 2015

NOTD // Chinese New Year Inspired Nails

 
Ready for some Chinese New Year celebrations I'm going to be heading into Manchester for the infamous Dragon Parade around China Town. I always seem to associate the Chinese culture with bright colours, especially reds and golds (not to mention gorgeous food), so for Chinese NY inspired NOTD I have used the Estee Lauder Pure Color nail lacquer GF Le Smoking as a base, with an OPI nail lacquer in Gold Shatter as a top coat.
 

 
 
I've never used a shatter/crackle top coat before, but remember when the Barry M ones were all the rage. AHH I'm in love! This lovely gold polish is so much fun to use! The combo lasts really well too, and when it does start chipping it's not very noticeable due to the lovely pattern - what a bonus! The Estee Lauder nail polish was also lovely to use, it applies really well and when worn as base colour you can probably get away with only one coat. This is my new favourite nail polish combo and I can't wait to try out new colours from both of these brands.
 
Have you used any of the OPI shatter polishes?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment