Hello lovelies!With Spring in full swing, there are a few items I've seen floating around on the high street that I would love to get my hands on, so I thought I would share them with you. As much as I love high street stores for clothes, shoes and accessories I can't help to stray towards department stores to raid MAC or Urban Decay stands as I love them so much! So here's what's on my Spring wish list:
1. The most gorgeous Winged Tote Bag from Topshop, which can be found here. They have it in a few colours but the black is definitely my favourite.
2. MAC Mineralize eyeshadow quad in a Glimmer of Gold.(I've been naughty and actually bought this quad already as they were so beautiful and I just couldn't resist). Can be found here.
3. River Island Bikini. Love this set! It looks like it gives your a fair bit of support as both the top and bottom look quite structured. This combo really remind me of the Triangl bikinis but are definitely a more budget friendly version. The top can be found here and bottoms here.
4. Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter eyeliner. These are all absolutely stunning but I think my favourite is the probably the Midnight Cowboy which is the gold glitter. I'm already a cult follower when it comes to the UD eye products so needless to say these were bound to make their way onto my radar at some point. These gorgeous eyeliners seem like the perfect way to take a look from day to night with an added glam factor. The eyeliners can be found here.
5. Waterfall Blazer - New Look. I love waterfall blazers as they can be worn as smart or casual, day night, perfect addition to any outfit. I really like this cream one but the red is lovely too, really summery. The blazers in a variety of colours, can be found here.
Thursday, 30 April 2015
Tuesday, 28 April 2015
With so much hype over lip crayons/colour balms I thought I would treat myself to a lovely new addition to my make up collection. With so many brands to choose from, after careful deliberation I opted for this Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Demure, which is a sheer, shimmery pinky-peach shade.
The colour balm is lovely, with a smooth texture and a gorgeous glossy finish, which I absolutely love. It leaves my lips feeling really tingly straight after application so I think it's got lip plumping properties. It tastes a little minty too, not sure how I feel about that though. In terms of wear, pretty similar to what you would expect with all glossy lip products - the lasting power isn't great, especially if you're eating and drinking, so regular re-application becomes necessary. I like to wear it over a matt lipstick to give it that oomph of shine, also helping to maintain the lip colour for longer. With so many shades to pick from it was difficult to choose my favourite, but I figured that as the 'nude' of the collection it will be perfect for any season, and as I usually wear heavy eye make up I can incorporate this into more looks.
Now I just have to fight the urge to buy every single colour in the range as they are all so beautiful!
Saturday, 25 April 2015
This month's theme was Royally Good, celebrating the due arrival of the second royal baby, available in two designs, in pink and blue.
My lovely blue April Birchbox contained: a Laura Mercier Mascara, Lola Barcelona Nail Polish in Garcia, Percy & Reed London - Soothed, Sealed and Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil, Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, Pommade Divine Nature's Remedy Balm, with the Beauty bonus this month - Inner me, energize me vitamins.
Overall impressions - what a brilliant box! Really cheered me up after the let down of last month. I've heard so much about the well loved Liz Earle Cleanser so I was super excited when it arrived in my Birchbox! Definitely the item that caught my eye the most, closely followed by the Laura Mercier Mascara which I'm also eager to try out. Overall I think there's a great combination of products this month all of which I can see myself using - something's that's a bit of rarity!
Hopefully next month's turnout will be just as great :)
Tuesday, 14 April 2015
Hello lovelies! For my latest nails of the day I have been trying out a recently purchased Models Own Hyper Gel gel effect polish in Lilac Sheen. As I was madly in love with my Hyper Gel Turquoise Gloss I bought a 10 piece set containing a gorgeous variety of colours (you'll see the rest in my haul).
The first to try out from the set if this lovely pastel lilac shade, perfect for Spring time.
Having high hopes after being so impressed with my last Hyper Gel I was extremely disappointed with this one! Surely you would think the formula would be the same across the range? Unfortunately apparently not! The consistency was nowhere near as thick and I had to apply 3 coats to achieve an opaque finish, which of course added to the application and the drying time. Managed to go for a few days without chipping, but nothing above average. Although I love the colour (and would wear the polish based on that) I was really hoping it would be easy to apply and have the anticipated shiny gel-like finish which it was kinda lacking. Nevertheless, I will work through the set and hope for the best.
Has anyone else found this problem with some of the shades from the Hyper Gel range?