Tuesday 14 April 2015

NOTD // Models Own Hyper Gel


Hello lovelies! For my latest nails of the day I have been trying out a recently purchased Models Own Hyper Gel gel effect polish in Lilac Sheen. As I was madly in love with my Hyper Gel Turquoise Gloss I bought a 10 piece set containing a gorgeous variety of colours (you'll see the rest in my haul). 

The first to try out from the set if this lovely pastel lilac shade, perfect for Spring time.




 Having high hopes after being so impressed with my last Hyper Gel I was extremely disappointed with this one! Surely you would think the formula would be the same across the range? Unfortunately apparently not! The consistency was nowhere near as thick and I had to apply 3 coats to achieve an opaque finish, which of course added to the application and the drying time. Managed to go for a few days without chipping, but nothing above average. Although I love the colour (and would wear the polish based on that) I was really hoping it would be easy to apply and have the anticipated shiny gel-like finish which it was kinda lacking. Nevertheless, I will work through the set and hope for the best.

Has anyone else found this problem with some of the shades from the Hyper Gel range?




No comments:

Post a Comment