Wednesday 13 November 2013

My First Time With Gel Liner // Rimmel Waterproof Gel Liner


Having heard about how great gel eyeliners are and hearing great reviews from friends, I finally decided to take a plunge and stray from my usual, beloved liquid liner. Being in love with Rimmel's exaggerate liquid eyeliner, I thought I would keep it in the family.




Although very excited about this Rimmel waterproof gel liner, this proved to be a little disappointing. I didn't feel the gel liner lasts as well as a liquid one and it required several coats in order to be truly black, one or two coats left it looking a bit opaque. On the plus side, the brush was easy to use and the application was fast and reasonably even.



Some people love them, but I don't think gel liners are for me. Having to the clean the brush every time is a little annoying too, a bit difficult to apply on the go. I have been wearing it every day for about 3 hoping I might love it more. Unfortunately not. I mean it's not terrible, just not quite what i was looking so therefore a bit disappointing.

I think I will stick to liquid liners from now on, but would to hear what you think of gel liners! Perhaps there are better ones out? Let me know!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment